The quick steps to tracking Snapchat for Lead and Sales attribution
Step 1 - Set up your Snapchat UTMs
When creating or editing an ad, the Website URL needs to have the following UTMs added to the end of the URL:
How to build a URL Parameter in Snapchat
After adding the utms to the URL and saving, Wicked will start tracking the clicks to your ads but you will not see them in your Wicked account until the following day
Step 2 - Add your Snapchat costs to Wicked Reports
While you wait for clicks to be tracked, here is how you setup Snapchat to export the cost of your ads for true ROI reporting
- Click on Ads tab as you will want to go down to this level
- Click on Columns in the upper right corner of the table
- Select the following columns and place them in this order
- Campaign Name
- Ad Set Name
- Amount Spent
- Click Save
- Now you are able to download the data into a csv file. Click the Download button
- If you want to import many days worth of costs into Wicked, you can breakdown by day.
If not, just use None and then Export
- Your csv export should have the following columns in this order
NOTE: Data must be in this order or the import into Wicked Reports will fail
- Now, format your costs data to prepare for import
- To prepare to import your costs into your Wicked account, open the following sheet and make a copy of it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FVUh4NmRAbDko60_uqA6rtWv_RLKoxSEp38YWx6wYcM/edit?usp=sharing
- Open your Snapchat csv file from (7) above.
- From your csv file, select columns A-J and paste them into the Google Sheet from Step (a) in the Sheet labeled “Snapchat Data”
- Click on the sheet labeled "Wicked Import"
- All of your data will be formatted and ready to import into Wicked. Go to File->Download->Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet). This will download the data into a csv file while you will need in Step 13. NOTE: Make sure you are on the Import to Wicked tab as this tab formats the data to be imported into Wicked Reports.
- Go to my.wickedreports.com and login to your Wicked account
- Go to Tracking Tools->Other Marketing Costs
- Click in the upload area and choose the file from Step (10)
- Give the system a few moments to upload your costs. Once complete, you will now see your costs in the ROI Report