This article will walk you through the steps you need to take to ensure your Facebook URL parameters are set up correctly.
The purpose of validating your Facebook URL parameters is to ensure your Facebook campaigns will get the attribution they deserve. If these URL Parameters are not set up correctly, among other key factors, then we will not be able to attribute your leads and sales clicks to the campaign that the users came from.
Fundamentally, all we're trying to do, with this article, is ensure the WickedSource and WickedID parameters are added to every single ad. Either of these two processes will work to validate the Facebook URL parameters of any FB campaign, ad set, or ad that you have:
- Validate through the Facebook Ad Tracking Tool within Wicked
- Validate through the Facebook Ad Manager
Validate URL Parameters through the Facebook Ad Tracking Tool within Wicked
The quickest way to validate your Facebook URL Parameters is to check the Facebook Ad Tracking tool directly within Wicked Reports. Here's how:
- Login to Wicked Reports
- In the left navigation bar, select Tracking Tools -> Facebook Ad Tracking Tool
- In the filters tab, include the name of the targeted campaign you wish to validate
- Check to make sure your URL parameters are added
- Check to make sure each of the ads is verified
- If they are verified, great! No further action is needed.
- If they are not verified, see the error message associated and make any necessary updates. Read more on Facebook Ad Errors here. If you're unable to understand the error messages, please validate your URL parameters through the Facebook Ad Manager instead, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Validate your URL Parameters through the Facebook Ad Manager
The most direct way to validate your Facebook URL Parameters is to check your targeted campaign's ads within your Facebook Ad Manager. Here's how:
- Login to your Facebook Ad manager
- Drill down to all the ad level of the targeted Campaign you wish to validate
- Select all your ads
- Press the "Create Custom Report" button
- Press the "Customize" button & include the column named "URL Parameters"
- Verify WickedSource & WickedID are added to every ad.
That's it! You're Facebook AD URL Parameters have been added & verified. Great job.