Wicked ID can be used in place of UTM variables for faster and more accurate tracking.
Instead of creating distinct UTM values for each Facebook ad, Wicked ID uses your existing Facebook campaign, adset, and ad names.
For example, let's say GetMaineLobster.com was sending Facebook ad traffic to their home page, and the Facebook ad id for their ad was 6036174216584.
They would set their Facebook ad URL to be: http://GetMaineLobster.com
Note: Facebook now supports Dynamic URL Parameters. You can use the token instead of the actual Ad ID value as your WickedID.
If you choose to do this, the URL Paramters would be: WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=
Then they would update their URL Parameters to be: WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=6036174216584
Tables can't be imported directly. Please insert an image of your table which can be found here.
The name of the Facebook campaign for ad 6036174216584.
The name of the Facebook ad 6036174216584.
The name of the Facebook adset for ad 6036174216584.
Creating a new ad with Facebook Power Editor using Wicked ID
1. Click on the + sign to create a new ad. Choose or name your campaign, ad set, and ad. Notice the great naming structure below, there are dashes instead of spaces, and the ad set uses a very descriptive name so that the exact ad targeting is clear.
- During the create ad process, at to the URL Parameters: WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=
And even though you are creating a new ad, make sure the status slider is to the left, which means you are creating the ad in draft mode at the outset.
- Upload the ad and then notice that your ad now has an Ad ID. You are going to take the Ad ID, and copy and paste it to the end of your URL just after the "=" sign.
When you are done, your URL Parameters field should look like this: WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=6042540258584
- Upload your ad again, You're good!
Remember, the website URL you are sending the ad click to needs to have both Wicked Tracking and Google Analytics code snippets on the page. You will also want to have your Facebook ad account, Google Analytics, and CRM authorizations done.
Update an Ad with Facebook Power Editor using Wicked ID
- Open the Facebook Power Editor and bring up the ad you wish to edit.
- Update the URL Parameters by adding WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=
- Copy and paste the Ad ID onto the end of the URL Parameters field
- URL Tag field will now look like WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=1234 (1234 will be replaced with the actual Ad ID)
- Upload the Ad. You're all set! Note - This will re-trigger the Facebook ad review process
Qwaya Tracking Settings for Wicked ID
Qwaya users, you are in luck.
- Go to tracking settings.
- Check custom
For the 1 st key/value pair,
- Key, type in "WickedSource" (not case-sensitive)
- Value, type in "Facebook" (not case-sensitive)
Add a 2 nd key/value pair,
- Key, type in "WickedID" (not case-sensitive)
- Value, choose [adid] from the dropdown
Validate that your Facebook Ads were set up correctly
After you create new Ads or update your Ads, you want to validate that your ads are set up correctly. You will want to wait till the following day, once we've pulled in your ads for today. Then you will use the Facebook Ad Validator to ensure your Ads were set up correctly.
Be sure to be aware of the Facebook Ad Tracking Common Mistakes