Everything to know about the WooCommerce to Wicked Reports integration.
Table of Contents
- Why people integrate WooCommerce & Wicked Reports
- How to integrate WooCommerce with Wicked Reports
- What's Next? (Historical orders, Tracking, & Data updates)
- Orders Happening Outside Your WooCommerce Store?
- Upsell Orders and Software
- Subscription Attribution and Reporting
- Product Attribution and Reporting
- Cohort Reporting
- Historical Tracking Data
- Gross vs Net Revenue Reporting
- Testing & Troubleshooting
Why people integrate WooCommerce & Wicked Reports
- Looking to get ROI on Google & Facebook ad spend
- Leads take time to buy from your CRM and want to connect customer lifetime value from WooCommerce revenue back to ad spend
- High value subscription customers and you’d like the recurring purchase to track back to the top and middle of the funnel ad clicks
- Ad Platform conversion tracking is taking credit for email abandoned cart campaigns that are actually converting the sales
- Pixel conversion is inaccurate, missing subscription conversions, inaccurate ROI, or taking credit for other channel’s conversions.
How to integrate WooCommerce
The WooCommerce setup process is fast and simple with our WooCommerce Integration Wizard.
Go to your account menu option Setup -> Authorizations
Click the Connect button for WooCommerce
When the Integration Wizard launches for WooCommerce, click Yes, Proceed
- Enter your WooCommerce store URL. For example : https://mywoostore.com
Enter your WooCommerce information, then select Authorize
How do I find my WooCommerce API Key?
After authorizing your WooCommerce account, return to your Wicked Reports account the next day after 9a ET to confirm your order data is present in the account
Note: You can only have 1 WooCommerce store per Wicked Reports account. If you have a 2nd WooCommerce store to integrate, you will need to use Zapier.
- Historical Orders
Wicked Reports will retrieve your entire WooCommerce order history for cohort and customer lifetime value reporting.
- Order Tracking
Make sure ALL checkout pages and forms have our tracking on them. Without it, we will not be able to attribute orders properly. How to add Wicked Tracking to Wordpress
- When will I see my data?
Each morning, at about 9 am ET, Wicked Reports updates its database. This is when we retrieve the previous day's WooCommerce orders, attribute them back to clicks, leads, and ad spend, and update your reports.
Orders Happening Outside Your WooCommerce Store?
If you also have orders happening outside of the ones appearing in your WooCommerce store each day, you can authorize another order source from the Setup->Authorizations menu.
However, only authorize additional order sources that have unique orders that are not found in your WooCommerce store.
Upsell Orders and Software
Wicked Reports successfully works with both CartHook and Zipify's One Click Upsell. If you have a different upsell software, we can integrate, please discuss with your Customer Success rep.
Subscription Attribution and Reporting
If your subscriptions are managed inside of WooCommerce, Wicked Reports will detect and chain the subscriptions together. This allows for accurate, valuable customer lifetime value to be attributed to your marketing efforts.
Product Attribution and Reporting
Wicked Reports uses the product names that are in your WooCommerce store. You can validate this by going to the Wicked Report's Product Report.
Approximately 1 day after you have integrated WooCommerce and your CRM data (Klaviyo, ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, Drip, Infusionsoft, Ontraport, Mailchimp, OmniSend, etc) with Wicked Reports, you will have access to powerful cohort customer lifetime value reporting. You can take advantage of these reports before a single click is tracked or attributed!
Wicked connects the CRM lead information with the historical WooCommerce sales and revenue data so you can see time to 1st purchase, accumulated customer lifetime value by month, and time to break-even based on cost per lead and cost to acquire the customer.
Historical Tracking Data
Some of our clients already have tracking (or, attribution) data stored in their CRM from past effort's to track and attribute customer lifetime value back to ad spend. If you have this data, you can send it to Wicked Reports. We will then attribute your custom tracking data to WooCommerce sales & revenue.
Gross vs Net Revenue Reporting
Wicked's Gross WooCommerce revenue = Gross order amount
Wicked's Net WooCommerce Revenue = Gross order amount - refunds
How do WooCommerce Order statuses map to Wicked Reports?WooCommerce: Pending > Wicked: FAILED
WooCommerce: Refunded > Wicked: REFUNDED
WooCommerce: Canceled > Wicked: PARTIALLY_REFUNDED
WooCommerce: "Anything Else" > Wicked: APPROVED
Testing & Troubleshooting
How to test the tracking of a WooCommerce order
WooCommerce customers can use the Wicked Reports tracking validation tool.
- Go to Setup-> Tracking Validation
- Click on Manually Validate URL and then select the Sales Tracking option. Paste in your URL and start test
- After making the test purchase and reaching the thank you page, come back to Wicked Reports and click End Test.
How to Validate Wicked Reports order and revenue data matches your store
Wicked Reports order count and revenue amount will usually match your shopping cart order system numbers.
If the numbers are off slightly, here are possible causes:
- Time zone differences between your source system and Wicked Reports (EST).
- Confirm you are looking at gross or net revenue in both systems.
- Orders that are entered with back-dates, edited days later, or deleted days later - Wicked misses those, we pull a day's orders one-time only.
To validate and reconcile orders, we recommend starting with 1 day and using this process: My revenue doesn't match what I'm seeing in my shopping cart
It's the exact process our Customer Success team uses.