The gold standard for trusting your data.
- When should I run the Validation Routine?
- Click each hyperlinked test to open it in a new window. Keep this document open while you complete the tests.
- Validate one record at a time. Run all validation steps on a single record (i.e. a Campaign, Adset or Ad) before validating the next record.
- Record your Test Results for each step of the routine. Creating an accuracy log allows you to trust your historic data. You can also report your findings to our team for faster support.
Complete the Checklist in display order
Need help? Contact Customer Support
|#1 - Quick Audit|
|#2 - URL Parameter Validation||
Review the list of softwares and how to validate their URL Parameters.
|#3 - Tracking Code Validation||
Run all 3 Tests:
|#4 - Run a Live Test||Follow these instructions|
|My tracking passed all tests!||My Tracking passes all tests, now what?|
Step 1 - Quick Audit
Test 1 - Review the Cannot Be Tracked List
There is a list of use cases that cannot tracked. Some have alternative solutions, others do not.Review the Cannot be Tracked List
Test 2 - Check if data processing is complete
If your data has not completed processing, then it's likely your numbers are inaccurate. Please wait for data processing to be complete.
How to check if data processing is complete
Test 3 - Check for a ~20% margin in Total Leads or Revenue*
*Only use this step if you are comparing results between Wicked and another tracking software.
Though it's healthy to compare two attribution softwares to each other, it's unhealthy to believe they will match exactly. No two attribution softwares will ever report the same value.
Find out why.
You must complete these steps when comparing softwares:
- Start your comparison at the Channel level, then work your way down to the Ad Level as needed.
- For the most valid comparison:
- Then, compare Wicked's Total Leads (or Revenue) column to the other software
The Expected Margin:
Revenue (and/or leads count) is within a ~20% margin between the two softwares, or Wicked shows more.
If your comparison is outside of the expected margin, it's possible your Wicked account is still tracking properly. We commonly find cases where the other software is over-reporting. Complete the rest of the Validation Routine to build trust in your data.
Step 2 - URL Parameter Validation
Review this list of softwares and how to validate their URL Parameters:
Your URL Parameters must be configured properly for tracking to work.
If your URL Parameters are not set up properly, then please update your URLs.
Step 3 - Tracking Code Validation
Test 1 - Click Tracking
Test 2 - Opt-in Tracking
Test 2 - Sales Tracking
Your Tracking Code must be configured properly for tracking to work.
If your Tracking Code is not set up properly, then please update your website.
Step 4 - Run a Live Test
Follow these instructions to run a Live Test
My Tracking passed all tests, now what?
Great! You can trust your Wicked account to make data-driven decisions.
- Continue running the Tracking Validation Routine until you build trust. Proof is in the pudding.
- Or, Contact Customer Support for additional reassurance
When should I run the Tracking Validation Routine?
Have your team schedule regular tracking validation tests. Here is when to schedule these routine checks:
- Prior to launching your campaign
Run URL Parameter Validation & Tracking Code Validation to catch errors prior to a launch.
- One day after launching your campaign
People make mistakes. Run the Quick Audit the day after launching a campaign to catch tracking issues as soon as possible.
- On a regularly scheduled basis
Establish a Tracking Validation Routine that coincides with your Marketing Analysis Routine. This will help you build unshakeable trust in your data prior to making data-driven decisions.
- Any time you question the accuracy of your data. Here are a few examples:
Trust: How do I know my data is accurate?
Data Mismatch: My other software (e.g. Facebook) says I have X sales, but Wicked says Y. Why is that?
High Unattributed Data: Why are my Unattributed sales/leads so high? Why do I have a sudden increase in Unattributed sales/leads?
High Organic Data: Why are my Organic sales/leads so high? Why do I have a sudden increase in Organic sales/leads?