The gold standard for trusting your data.
- When should I run the Validation Routine?
- Click each hyperlinked test to open it in a new window. Keep this document open while you complete the tests.
- Validate one record at a time. Run all validation steps on a single record (i.e. a Campaign, Adset, or Ad) before validating the next record.
- Record your Test Results for each step of the routine. Creating an accuracy log allows you to trust your historical data. Here's a basic template you can use. Simply make a copy and keep track of your results. You can also report your findings to our team for faster support.
Complete the Checklist in display order
Need help? Contact Customer Support
|#1 - Quick Audit
|#2 - URL Parameter Validation
Review the list of software and how to validate their URL Parameters.
|#3 - Tracking Code Validation
Run all 3 Tests:
|#4 - Run a Live Test
|Do you still need verification? Follow these instructions
|My tracking passed all tests!
|My Tracking passes all tests, now what?
Step 1 - Quick Audit
Test 1 - Review the Cannot Be Tracked List
There is a list of use cases that cannot tracked. Some have alternative solutions, others do not.Review the Cannot be Tracked List
Test 2 - Check if data processing is complete
If your data has not completed processing, then it's likely your numbers are inaccurate. Please wait for data processing to be complete.
How to check if data processing is complete
Test 3 - Check for an 80%+ Comparison Rate in Total Revenue (Or, Total Leads)*
*Only use this step if you are comparing results between Wicked and another tracking software.
Though it's healthy to compare Wicked to another attribution software (like Meta Ads Manager), it's unhealthy to believe they will match exactly. No two attribution softwares will ever report the same value.
Find out why your Wicked conversions do not match other Ad Platforms
For the most valid comparison between Wicked and another software, complete these steps:
- Go to the FunnelVision Report
- Use Full Impact Attribution
- Ensure your Date Ranges match
- If comparing Facebook, then use 100% View-Through Confidence
- Then, calculate the Comparison Rate using this formula: Wicked Revenue / Platform Revenue
The expected Comparison Rate is: 80% or higher
In some cases, Wicked will track more revenue than your comparison software. This is common for businesses with longer sales cycles and repeat purchases because Wicked's attribution model has tracking abilities that your comparison software may not.
In other cases, Wicked will track slightly less than your comparison software. This is common for businesses with shorter sales cycles who are comparing Wicked to an Ad Platform or email software. Ad Platforms are notorious for over-reporting, a good reason to use Wicked.
In most cases, it's uncommon for Wicked to track less than 80% of what your comparison software reports. Unless, of course, you have a tracking issue with your comparison software.
Step 2 - URL Parameter Validation
Review this list of software and how to validate their URL Parameters:
Your URL Parameters must be configured properly for tracking to work.
If your URL Parameters are not set up properly, then please update your URLs.
Step 3 - Tracking Code Validation
Test 1 - Click Tracking
Test 2 - Opt-in Tracking
Test 3 - Sales Tracking
Your Tracking Code must be configured properly for tracking to work.
If your Tracking Code is not set up properly, then please update your website.
Step 4 - Run a Live Test
This step is optional. It should be used when you need to build additional trust in your data. To run a Live Test, follow these instructions.
My Tracking passed all tests, now what?
Great! You can trust your Wicked account to make data-driven decisions.
If you are still uncertain about your data, then:
- Continue running the Tracking Validation Routine until you build trust. The proof is in the pudding.
- Or, Contact Customer Support for additional reassurance
When should I run the Tracking Validation Routine?
Have your team schedule regular tracking validation tests. Here is when to schedule these routine checks:
- Before launching your campaign
Run URL Parameter Validation & Tracking Code Validation to catch errors before a launch.
- One day after launching your campaign
People make mistakes. Run the Quick Audit the day after launching a campaign to catch tracking issues as soon as possible.
- On a regularly scheduled basis
Establish a Tracking Validation Routine that coincides with your Marketing Analysis Routine. This will help you build unshakeable trust in your data before making data-driven decisions.
- Any time you question the accuracy of your data. Here are a few examples:
Trust: How do I know my data is accurate?
Data Mismatch: My other software (e.g. Facebook) says I have X sales, but Wicked says Y. Why is that?
High Unattributed Data: Why are my Unattributed sales/leads so high? Why do I have a sudden increase in Unattributed sales/leads?
High Organic Data: Why are my Organic sales/leads so high? Why do I have a sudden increase in Organic sales/leads?