The easy 1 minute process to integrate MailChimp and Wicked Reports
- About This Integration
- Email UTM Tagging
- What This Means For You
- Integration Steps
- What Happens Next After Integration
- How to Verify Your CRM Data
- Email Last Click ROI Tracking & Reporting
- Historical Tracking Data Pre-Wicked
- Facebook Lead Ads - Attribution, and CRM Import
About This Integration
Integrating MailChimp to Wicked Reports sends your new leads from MailChimp to Wicked Reports. This allows Wicked Reports to automatically detect, track, and attribute new and existing lead conversions to the marketing spend on your ad platforms and customer lifetime value from your revenue sources.
Email UTM Tagging
An additional benefit of our deep integration with MailChimp is that email clicks are automatically tracked - no UTM setup required. Wicked can take those clicks, compare cross-channel against other advertising channels, and determine if email receives credit for your daily sales. This happens automatically after you complete this 1 minute connection process.
What this means for you
- MailChimp leads get retrieved each day by Wicked Reports and attributed against clicks and sales.
- You no longer need to worry about UTMs on your Email Links.
- We’re going to be pulling your historical email click data and attributing historical emails to your sales (even before you used Wicked Reports)
- Email click counts in Wicked Reports will match MailChimp click counts.
- Wicked can generate Cohort Analysis reporting between your MailChimp leads and your shopping cart & order system revenue.
1. Go to Setup-> Authorizations. Under the Contacts column, find MailChimp and click connect.
2. Follow the MailChimp connection wizard and click "yes," whenever asked:
3. At the end of the wizard you are returned to Wicked Reports. That's it.
What Happens Next
Wicked Reports will pull all historical lead data from MailChimp to seed your account attribution. This allows us to correctly identify these leads as already existing leads in the event they click,optin, or otherwise engage with your marketing funnels. We can then attribute revenue to their actions using the correct attribution models.
Each morning at about 2am EST we will pull the previous day's new leads and attribute the marketing responsible for creating these new leads. Anytime in the future when these new leads buy, we can attribute the revenue back to the marketing that created the lead and update the ROI accordingly.
Once you have authorized your order systems, we will pull sales & revenue data and then create cohort reporting between your HubSpot lead data and your order revenue data.
How to Verify Your CRM Data
Wicked Reports native CRM integrations generally work seamlessly. You will see the leads inside of Wicked the following day. To see for yourself, follow these instructions: https://help.wickedreports.com/verify-your-crm-is-authorized
Email Last Click ROI Tracking & Reporting
Once you've integrated MailChimp your lead conversions are automatically detected for attribution. You still need to deploy the Wicked tracking script on all pages. After that, you can start seeing which emails are generating revenue! -> Email Tracking and Reporting
Historical Tracking Data Pre-Wicked
If you have historical tracking data inside of your MailChimp CRM, you can get this data into Wicked Reports for use in our Cohort and ROI reports. Follow these details:
Facebook Lead Ads - Attribution, and CRM Import
Wicked Reports can automatically attribute Facebook Lead Ads once you have also completed the Facebook Integration steps. We can even historically attribute Facebook lead ads, pre-Wicked Reports, following these instructions: Backloading Historical Facebook Lead Ad Attribution
One older feature we still offer is the ability to automatically import your Facebook lead ad leads to your CRM. This functionality is available for MailChimp if desired. We realize most people have this functionality built into their CRM now, or use Zapier, but the feature is here if you need it.
- Do you pull in all historical MailChimp Click data?
Yes. All your historical Mailchimp click data will be pulled in upon your initial integration
- Can I use Custom UTMs on my Mailchimp Email links?
Yes, but they are not recommended. We will pull all click data from your Mailchimp integration and use that data to attribute to your campaigns, so no UTM setup is needed. The use of custom UTMs could cause confusion and attribution issues when viewing your reports.