The easy 1 minute process to integrate ActiveCampaign and Wicked Reports.
About This Integration
Integrating ActiveCampaign to Wicked Reports sends your new leads from ActiveCampaign to Wicked Reports. This allows Wicked Reports to automatically detect, track, and attribute new and existing lead conversions to the marketing spend on your ad platforms and customer lifetime value from your revenue sources.
Email UTM Tagging
An additional benefit of our deep integration with ActiveCampaign is that email clicks are automatically tracked - no UTM setup required. Wicked can take those clicks, compare cross-channel against other advertising channels, and determine if email receives credit for your daily sales. This happens automatically after you complete this 1 minute connection process.
If you use manual UTMs on your emails and Wicked is able to match these clicks with clicks that ActiveCampaign sends to us, the manual UTMs will be ignored and the ActiveCampaign UTMs will be used instead.
What This Means For You
- ActiveCampaign leads get retrieved each day by Wicked Reports and attributed against clicks and sales.
- You no longer need to worry about UTMs on your Email Links.
- We’re going to be pulling your historical email click data and attributing historical emails to your sales (even before you used Wicked Reports)
- Email click counts in Wicked Reports will match ActiveCampaign click counts.
- Wicked can generate Cohort Analysis reporting between your ActiveCampaign leads and your shopping cart & order system revenue.
- Log into ActiveCampaign and go to My Settings
- Click the Developer menu option
- Copy the API URL and API KEY into the Wicked Reports Authorizations
- Go to Wicked Reports Setup->Authorizations menu option.
- Find ActiveCampaign in the Contacts column. Click connect to start the process.
- Paste these values into the appropriate field in the ActiveCampaign Authorizations in Wicked Reports
What Happens Next
Wicked Reports will pull all historical lead data from ActiveCampaign to seed your account attribution. This allows us to correctly identify these leads as already existing leads in the event they click, optin, or otherwise engage with your marketing funnels. We can then attribute revenue to their actions using the correct attribution models.
Each morning at about 2am EST we will pull the previous day's new leads and attribute the marketing responsible for creating these new leads. Anytime in the future when these new leads buy, we can attribute the revenue back to the marketing that created the lead and update the ROI accordingly.
Once you have authorized your order systems, we will pull sales & revenue data and then create cohort reporting between your ActiveCampaign lead data and your order revenue data.
How to Verify Your CRM Data
Wicked Reports native CRM integrations generally work seamlessly. You will see the leads inside of Wicked the following day. To see for yourself, follow these instructions: https://help.wickedreports.com/verify-your-crm-is-authorized
Email Last Click ROI Tracking & Reporting
Once you've integrated ActiveCampaign your lead conversions are automatically detected for attribution. You still need to deploy the Wicked tracking script on all pages. After that, you can start seeing which emails are generating revenue! -> Email Tracking and Reporting
Historical Tracking Data Pre-Wicked
If you have historical tracking data inside of your ActiveCampaign CRM, you can get this data into Wicked Reports for use in our Cohort and ROI reports. Follow these details:
Facebook Lead Ads - Attribution, and CRM Import
Wicked Reports can automatically attribute Facebook Lead Ads once you have also completed the Facebook Integration steps. We can even historically attribute Facebook lead ads, pre-Wicked Reports, following these instructions: Backloading Historical Facebook Lead Ad Attribution
One older feature we still offer is the ability to automatically import your Facebook lead ad leads to your CRM. This functionality is available for ActiveCampaign if desired. We realize most people have this functionality built into their CRM now, or use Zapier, but the feature is here if you need it.