The complete guide to installing our tracking code and verifying that it will track your marketing stack.
Wicked Reports needs tracking IDs (UTMs) on incoming link clicks, tracking code on your marketing stack, and integrations with your CRM and Order systems. We can then handle all the tracking and attribution for you.
How to install the tracking code
Please take the time to ensure that this Tracking Code is everywhere you want to track. If a page doesn't have the Tracking Code, we won’t be able to track it. For peace of mind, place the Wicked Tracking Code EVERYWHERE.
- Please make sure the client adds the correct Tracking Code. We have seen before, especially from Agencies the Wicked Tracking code is the wrong one. They may have copied and pasted the wrong client tracking code. This will create many issues on multiple accounts.
We've managed to track some complex, multi-domain funnels in our history. But keep in mind, if this becomes a headache for you, discuss your funnel in detail with your onboarding specialist or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help!
- WebinarJam / EverWebinar
- Click Funnels
- How to add the Wicked Tracking Script to your Shopping Cart
If your system is not listed above, you simply find a place to add our tracking code. Or just work with your customer success rep.
No options for tracking code installation on part of your marketing stack?
- Passing certain info to a hidden form field
These options are not needed often. So, Please discuss this with your customer success rep first, and we can help guide you through this if necessary.
How to test your tracking setup on a specific URL
How to see tracking coverage across your entire marketing stack
To see all URLs Wicked Reports has detected via Facebook, Google, and incoming traffic, you can use our Traffic Validation report: https://help.wickedreports.com/tracking-validation
If you are in the ROI report and want to verify tracking on a specific campaign, click on the Wicked Tools menu of that campaign's row. You can select Tracking Page Validator and see all URLs clicked and tracked from that campaign and re-test if the need arises.
Tracking Code Troubleshooting
- While not fun, focusing on the most critical tracking challenges early on in your Wicked Reports experience can bring great insights and ROI.
- Most common marketing technologies are fast one-time pastes of our tracking code, set and forget.
- If you feel like Facebook tracking is off, you can dig into: https://help.wickedreports.com/facebook-resources-library
- Double-check your Google tracking template:
- For video examples of testing for tracking code installation, or to learn how to look for the Wicked tracking code in a page's source code, check out: https://help.wickedreports.com/validate-wicked-tracking-code-is-on-your-pages
var s = document.createElement("script");
s.async = true;
s.src = "TRACKING URL";
Remember, it all comes down to a click with tracking parameters hits our tracking code, and any email inputs or sales are on pages/forms with our tracking code. Wicked can take care of the rest, and we are here to help, email@example.com, if you ever need us.