Wicked ID can be used in place of UTM variables for faster and more accurate tracking.
Instead of creating distinct UTM values for each Instagram ad, Wicked ID uses your existing Instagram campaign, adset, and ad names.
For example, let's say GetMaineLobster.com was sending Facebook ad traffic to their home page, and the Facebook ad id for their ad was 6036174216584.
They would set their Facebook ad URL to be: http://GetMaineLobster.com
Then they would update their URL Parameters to be: WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=6036174216584
Tables can't be imported directly. Please insert an image of your table which can be found here.
The name of the Instagram campaign for ad 1234.
The name of the Instagram ad 1234.
The name of the Instagram adset for ad 1234.
Let's walk through 2 examples: 1) Creating a new ad, 2) updating an existing ad
Creating a new ad with Facebook Power Editor using Wicked ID
1. Click on the + sign to create a new ad. Choose or name your campaign (You should use "Instagram" in the name), ad set, and ad. Notice the great naming structure below, there are dashes instead of spaces, and the ad set uses a very descriptive name so that the exact ad targeting is clear.
- During the create ad process, at to the URL Parameters: WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=
And even though you are creating a new ad, make sure the status slider is to the left, which means you are creating the ad in draft mode at the outset.
- Upload the ad and then notice that your ad now has an Ad ID. You are going to take the Ad ID, and copy and paste it to the end of your URL just after the "=" sign. If the "=" sign is missing, please add it, and then paste the ad id.
When you are done, your URL Parameters field should look like this: WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=6042540258584
- Upload your ad again and You're good!
Update an new ad with Facebook Power Editor using Wicked ID
- Open the Facebook Power Editor and bring up the ad you wish to edit.
- Update the URL Parameters by adding WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=
- Copy and paste the Ad ID onto the end of the URL Parameters field
- URL Tag field will now look like WickedSource=Facebook&WickedID=1234 (1234 will be replaced with the actual Ad ID)
- Upload the Ad. You're all set! Note - This will re-trigger the Facebook ad review process